Thursday, July 29, 2010

Another Drum Feature!

So after my first attempt at photographing my various drums I really wanted to keep going with that theme.  Drums are just awesome what can i say.  They're shiny and loud and if you say you're a drummer you're instantly cool.  Perfect for photos I'd say, so i got this concept in my head.  Why not take parts of my drums set and shoot them around town in grungy areas?  So i did! And i asked my friend Roger to help me out and basically model for the shots.  The end result= some really awesome photos.  Although i will say i felt really dumb, because i brought all these percussions instruments (bass, snare, cymbals, and a djembe) but i forgot the most essential and basic item.  The sticks!!! Kicked myself for that but anyway here's a preview of the shots:




Roger said he wasn't much of a model but this is one of my favorite portrait shots i've taken so myth busted .

No comments:

Post a Comment