Thursday, June 17, 2010

Doubt
























Doubt.  I think we all struggle with it at one point or another.  Me especially in the past few days.  What is it about the world that makes us doubt ourselves whenever our aspirations are too high.  When we want something a little too much.  Doubt comes along to steal it away.  To push what we desire a little more out of reach.  There might even be times when doubts are advisable.  When you should question your motives, decisions, beliefs, and goals.  But most of the time I think doubt just convinces us that the possible is impossible.  Doubt refuses to let us dream, and to let those dreams become reality.  But I'm beginning to think that I'd rather fail big time, fall flat on my face, than to waste my time doubting myself.  I'm just gonna go live.

I've trying my hand at night photography and its proving quite tricky.  I've been out the last few nights with my camera and friends just snapping some pictures and messing around.  They picture above is one of my more successful attempts.

1 comment:

  1. Dean, would you please just write a book about life?

    One of the reasons I was so scared to drop out of school and try something different was because I was so scared of falling on my face and failing at something else. I've always been good at school... until this past term... to try something I don't if I'm good at is terrifying. I doubt myself and I don't want to fail.

    Obviously that didn't win, though, cause I dropped out anyways. I came to the same conclusion: it's better to try something and fall flat on your face, possibly breaking your nose, than stay in the same spot cause your scared of moving anywhere else. Better than fail then never try at all. But you are not alone in the fear, or the possibly dumb determination to try things anyways.

    K... that was an awesome comment, learn from me and return it :)

    Just kidding... you don't have to, I just wanted to join in the conversation cause I wanted to... no ulterior motives.

    K, bye.

    ReplyDelete